Restauro


Foto

Galleria Immagini


Chamberlain’s Room

The room called the Chamberlain’s or Maria Luisa’s Room is rectangular and the vaulted ceiling is decorated with white and gold stuccowork. Prior to restoration, the walls were flat-washed in a single colour, the silk wall covering having been removed before the Palazzo was transferred to the Province in 1867. The terrazzo floor in three colours has a pattern of lilies, the heraldic emblem of the Bourbons. The four doors are made of walnut and decorated with gilded bronze; the frames and steps of the two windows overlooking the Cortile degli Svizzeri are in marble. The white marble fireplace is decorated with gilded bronze and the fire surround is covered with majolica tiles.

The work involved:

  • restoring the pictorial decoration of the frieze; notes on methods
  • restoring the ceiling decorations; notes on methods
  • restoring the terrazzo floor; notes on methods
  • cleaning and consolidating frames, steps and the marble fireplace notes on methods
  • restoring the wax-treated walnut door; notes on methods
  • renewing the electrical system and installing lighting above the cornice;
  • supplying and hanging fabric wall coverings and curtains.