Maria Luisa di Borbone, duchess of Lucca, kept the title of Queen and, when she arrived in the city, she imposed a Spanish ceremonial and a Court worthy of a big European nation. Carlo Lodovico preserved and enlarged the structure, which was already well-structured and expensive. In 1830 the highest authorities of the court were thus assigned: Vincenzo Massoni was the Major Butler and his job was to run the management of the whole Palazzo. Lorenzo Montecatini was the Grand Chamberlain. The duke benefited of other 69 chamberlains, a Prefect, three Knights and two aides-de-camp. For its public affairs, he had the Royal Intimate Secretaryship of study with three secretaries and five employees. The court's Library was given custody of to the canonical Pietro Pera. The Duke had with himself four doctors, two room assistants, five domestics, two doormen, an hunter and a court poetess, Teresa Bandettini. The Duchess Maria Teresa, Carlo Lodovico's wife, had as Major Domestic Maddalena Buonvisi, as Knight of Honour Giacomo Cittadella, plus 34 ladies-in-waiting, three chaperones, a confessor, three room attendants, six cloakroom attendants, four domestic and an hairdresser at her service. The Hereditary Prince (he was still a teenager) had a governor, a tutor, two languages teachers, two servants and two hunters with himself. The Palazzo was entrusted to a general supervisor, the Major Butler Vincenzo Massoni, who, in addition to ten employees, was assisted by the Royal Architect Lorenzo Nottolini and by the engineer Pelosi. The court chapel was officiated by eight chaplains and a priest. Then there was the Greek-Orthodox chapel, wanted by Carlo Lodovico, with two priests and two cantors. The Musical Choir was composed of almost forty members between cantors and musicians under the guide of Massimo Quilici. The duke also had eight squires and thirty people responsible for the maintenance of the stables available to himself.